Special Educational Needs & Disability
At St Richard’s, we recognise that for some children to succeed additional support may be required so that they can reach their full potential.
Some children may experience difficulties with:
- Communication and interaction
- Cognition and learning
- Social, emotional and mental health difficulties
- Sensory and/or physical needs
They may require special support or provision over the long or short term. Their needs are identified and assessed according to the SEN Code of Practice and help is provided in school or sometimes from outside agencies and professionals for those who need it.
Further information about the SEND provision at St Richard’s can be found in the documents below:
If you would like to contact the SENDCO, Miss Laura Deane, please email SEND@strichards.hounslow.sch.uk or contact the school office.
For additional support or advice regarding SEND you can also contact:
- Hounslow SEND Information, Advice and Support Services (SENDIASS)
- Hounslow Local Offer
- the DfE’s SEND: A Guide for Parents and Carers
- Hounslow Parent Carers Forum
- West London Child and Adolescent Mental Health Services (CAMHS)
We can also signpost to other services as required.